Saturday, November 29, 2014

November!

I'm a little behind because it's been such a busy couple of weeks so I'll post a couple weeks worth of letters today. Last week we got our first letter from Elder Gale that was "spiritual". It was wonderful! And he even included a picture! November 17, 2014 Today's spiritual thought will be brought to you by "Priesthood Blessings!" Over these last like 4 or 5 days, I've had the privilege of being a part of 4 or them! The story that was really cool though was that of Rodriga Mendoza. She's a recent convert and she's already pretty up there in years. Because of this and her various infirmities it's very hard for her to make it to church. We visit her a lot to make sure she's alright and this time that we were visiting, I said a little prayer asking what she needed. I received a prompting that I needed to teach her about Priesthood blessings, and give her a blessing. In that same moment, my companion said "Do you remember when we talked to you about God's power here on earth?" I knew right away that he had felt the same thing. The following lesson we taught was very powerful, and the blessing we gave as well. It was really cool, and evben though it was cold in the room, my hands were onfire. I know without a doubt in my mind that the Priesthood is real. I know that it has real power, and that through our faith, real modern day miracles happen. He went on to tell us about his first talk in Sacrament meeting (that he was asked to give the night before). It was on serving a full time mission and he said that afterwards a young man (maybe 20 years old or so) came up to talk with him more about it. He attached this picture holding a painting that one of the primary kids did of him.
This week we didn't hear from Elder Gale on his regular Pday and I knew it had to be about time for transfers, so we wondered for a couple of days whether he had been sent to another city. I heard from him a couple of days later and it turns out that he did not get transferred but that he and his companion were doing service and going to the temple on his Pday. His letter subject was "Still teaching the Lamanites". LOL It was a short letter this week so you know as much as I do! November 26, 2014 Let's kick things off with a few funny things. Okay, so here, it's completely normal for a family of five to ride around on the same motorcycle. It looks super freaking hilarious, and I always want to take a picture, but they move too fast for me to capture the humor. Another interesting thing about the people here are their names for God. One means like Daddy God, another is mi Diosito or "little God". They're pretty darn strange. The other day a kid asked me "How do you see?". I asked him to clarify, and he continued to ask if I saw everything in green because of my eye color. LOL We're teaching a guy named Santos and he's pretty cool. He understands a lot of things way better than other investigators do, and he wants to get baptized. Pretty cool. Here is picture of Elder Gale and his companion Elder Mendoza at the temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment