Saturday, November 8, 2014

Becoming Mexican

So Mitch has had an intersting couple of weeks. First, he got bit by a dog. His companion's response was "Welcome to Mexico!" LOL Apparently, all the white guys get bit. I guess white guys freak the dogs out. He hasn't told me whether or not he's getting shots or anything for that dog bite although I've asked him repeatedly. My suspicion is that he's "protecting" Mom from the horrors of wild dog bites. I told him to hurry and get tan so he doesn't look out of place anymore. This last week he said he had a really good hold on the language and was feeling much more comfortable with it. They've been teaching a woman who is a single Mom and has been inactive for awhile. She is coming back into activity and they are baptizing her daughter so I know he's really happy about that. He sent a couple of pictures so I'll share them with you here.
So I have no idea whose Luchador mask this is or why he's wearing it, but I do know that we made a lot of "Nacho Libre" jokes before he left so it seems appropriate. This next one was a bit of a shock to me because when he first arrived in the country, he told me how nice their house was. I'm thinking he meant that it was nice IN COMPARISON. LOL
At the very least, he seems happy and brown!

No comments:

Post a Comment