Sunday, August 17, 2014

First Week!

Well it looks like our missionary is doing great. He has sent several letters over the past week and half and he sounds just like our boy. His first letter said he was "alive and really quite happy". He said the Lord is blessing his Spanish so much and he has been able to carry on entire conversations. Several days later, he wrote and said that the Spanish class was going along too slowly for him so he asked the teacher to meet with him on his personal time and teach him the rest of the six week course. He learned it in a couple of days and now he says he just has to work on his vocabulary and keep practicing. Sounds like our boy! A couple of excerpts from his last letters are below. I truly hope you can fathom how much I dearly love you, but furthermore, I want you to know how much I love the Lord. I would sacrifice any number of years for Him and for our Father. I know without a shadow of a doubt that this church is true, and I know that what I'm doing is right. At night when everyone gives goodnight brazos (hugs), I can feel some of the hugs between me and some of the other Elders getting a big tighter. I love my district so much and I love zone B too. They are so amazing and already we've shared so much with each other. Please send me a picture of my perrito (dog) and tell him that I miss him. Give him a treat for me. In the words of the fat Mexican bartender from Three Amigos, "Don't get into too much troubles!" I asked Elder Gale to send me some pictures soon so I hope we'll see those coming this next week!

1 comment: